1.5kg Ernest Green & Sons Rosemary & Garlic Marinated Rump
2 baby romaine baby gem lettuces, cut in half
1 loaf fresh crusty bread
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, cut in wedges
Sea salt & pepper for seasoning
For the sauce
4 egg yolks
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
250g warm melted butter
1 tsp cracked black pepper
(or use a store bought hollandaise sauce & add lots of fresh cracked black pepper)
- Remove rump from packaging, place on a lined baking tray. Preheat oven to 175c fan forced and roast for approx. 60 minutes. Using a meat thermometer, check for 58c degrees internal for medium doneness.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes loosely covered with aluminum foil.
- Heat a frypan to a high heat, add olive oil and fry lettuce cut side down for approx. 2 minutes until dark & glazed. Remove from heat, squeeze over lemon juice and season with salt & pepper.
- For the sauce, place egg yolks, vinegar, salt & pepper in to a tall jug for a bar/stick blender. Blend on a low speed for 30 seconds until fluffy. Slowly add warm butter in a steady steam until well mixed.
- Slice beef across the grain, drizzle generously with sauce and serve with warm crusty bread.
Cooking Time: 1.5hrs | Prep Time: 30min