1.5kg Ernest Green & Sons Corned Silverside
1 brown onion, cut into 4
2 cups white wine vinegar
6 bay leaves
6 cloves garlic
1 tbsp peppercorns
12 thick slices crusty sourdough bread
12 slices Swiss cheese
500g beetroot sauerkraut
Sriracha hot sauce
Olive oil for grilling
1kg oven ready sweet potato chips
- Remove the silverside from the bag and rinse under cold water. Add to a large stainless-steel pan with 5L of cold water and bring to a gentle simmer. With a ladle skim any froth from the surface and reduce to a simmer.
- Add the vinegar and bay leaves, garlic & peppercorns and simmer until tender, approx. 2 hours. Remove from the pot and allow to cool.
- Cook sweet potato chips to packet instructions
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil on both sides, heat a frypan over medium heat and fry bread until golden on each side.
- Spread the bread with aioli & hot sauce to your liking, then arrange generously with thin slices of warm corned beef, swiss cheese, rocket & sauerkraut.
- Serve with hot crispy sweet potato chips.
Cooking Time: 2.5hrs | Prep Time: 30 min